Gurdwara Sis Ganj, Gurdwara Sis Ganj Delhi, Rakab Ganj Gurudwara
Built on the site of the Mongols beheaded Sikh Guru Tegh Bahadur in 1675, Sis Ganj Gurdwara commemorates the martyrdom of Guru Tegh Bahadur. Located in Chandni Chowk area of Old Delhi. According to legend, Guru Tegh Bahadur was beheaded by the Mughal emperor, Auranzeb, as he refused to convert to Islam. At his death, no one dared to collect his body. Suddenly the sky clouded over, followed by a heavy downpour. Then two of his disciples fled brave head and body. The head of the Guru was taken to Anandpur Sahib in Chakka Nanaki, while the body was taken to Rakab Ganj Gurudwara.
It was not until a century later, a zealous devotee named Baba Baghel Singh, found this place and built a Gurdwara here. You can still see the trunk of the tree under which the Guru was martyred and the well where he took his daily bath while in prison. In 1705, Guru Gobind Singh Sahib visited this shrine and appointed Bhai Gurbakhsh Das Udasi as their caregiver. It is also argued that the central pedestal of the shrine is actually the oldest structure Chakka Nanaki, who was the head of Guruji, located at Anandpur Sahib. This place is also known as Gurdwara Sis Ganj Sahib.